Thursday, April 19, 2007

What a Day!

Ho Hum...my friend Wendy is out of town. I hope she's having fun. Today I was going to get a lot done, and as it would be, I would get nothing done. I decided I was going to start packing in the morning. I was getting ready to go to the U-Haul store to buy boxes, when Collin said he couldn't find his Game Boy. This resulted in looking for it for an hour and a half, and hurriedly going to the U-Haul store to get the boxes, then feeding him lunch and getting him off to Kindergarten. Good, now I'll start packing. Couldn't find the rolls and rolls of packing tape that I know we had from the packers from the last move. Fine, I'll mow the lawn. Mower won't start. Fine, I'll make dinner now. Put the water, butter, and milk in the pan to make mashed potatoes, and there aren't enough mashed potatoes to mix with it. Quick trip to the store. It was just one of those days when you have really good intentions, and in fact, you get nothing done. But, yeah, new episode of Grey's Anatomy tonight. At least it's all straight forward, unlike that irritating show Lost that I'm glued to every week saying, "Huh?"

So, I took this picture of my dog today. It was a beautiful day. Warm, and not a cloud in the sky. On days like these, my dog goes nuts to go outside. She whines at the door until we let her out.

When she gets outside, she promptly flops herself down. We call it her "sun-bath." I can ask the boys, "Where is Brandee?" Their answer will be, "She's sun-bathing." She just seems to be basking in the glory of the sun. Today amidst my failed good intentions, I heard the song, "I Can Only Imagine" by MercyMe. Actually, a lot of people have made a version of that song, but today I heard the MercyMe version. Here's a few of the words:

Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel

Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still

Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall

Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all

I can only imagine

I can only imagine

When that day comes And I find myself Standing in the Son

I can only imagine When all I will do Is forever Forever worship You

I can only imagine


I thought of my dog, and thought, maybe that's what we're going to do. Just spend eternity basking in the glory of the Lord Most High. None of us know for sure what it will be like, so for now, I can only imagine.

7 comments:

Janice said...

Hi, Kristen! I totally understand about trying to get things done - we all have good intentions until life gets in the way. I would definitely say you are Super Mom, how do you do it with four boys? And here I am complaining with just two little ones! Your boys are adorable and so is your dog. I'd love to be able to plop myself outside and just bask in the sunlight every once in a while...

And thanks for the funniest comment you left on my blog! Wonder where that quarter ended up?

A.K. said...

You and Wendy both are hitting me with your posts- I checked hers and got a great laugh and now i go over to yours and get my tears in... i'm reminded of that song especially with all that has happened recently....

Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still

Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall

i'm feeling those two lines right now... Thanks for checking in on me these last few days! it means a lot!

txswordmaker said...

She forgot to mention that I spent the whole day away with no way to reach me. I forgot the cell phone and the house phone doesn't get turned on until tomorrow. When I do get home, she's left the mower right in the middle of my car space. I'm sure it was there so that I'd know I needed to mow the lawn. So I hopped out and started it right up and cut the front yard. I don't know what the big deal was.

Kristen said...

OK, first of all, you spent a year overseas. I can do one day standing on my head.

Secondly, jerk. I pulled on that mower cord thingie for 10 minutes.

Wendy said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! TELL HIM!! She can do a day standing on her head without blinking terd!! I will call you later... you were right- early to bed, late to rise (with breakfast in bed- love my husband) and now a nap!! Great post! Wanna come over and try getting stuff donw at my house? Maybe better luck??? Call you later today!

Liza on Maui said...

I love that song (I can Only Imagine). There was a time when I played it in my car over and over and over again.... i mean over and over and over, really :)....

Liza on Maui said...

OK, I had to read a couple of Darrell's comments to convince myself that it is indeed "the husband". Now I am envious. If only my hubby would read my blog ad comment once on a while.

Way to go Darrell!