Sunday, April 1, 2007

A Special Day


Well, I read my friend Wendy's blog, and I feel like I am just not good at this blogging thing. She is so funny, and has so many things going on in her life. I just feel inferior. My life has been anything but funny lately. I had the flu or some sort of really nasty bug the other day. Let me tell you, it was not funny at all. YUK! I am feeling better today, which is good. It was a special day in my life. My oldest son was confirmed today. He has this incredible fear of speaking in front of people, and for confirmation today, he was supposed to read a speech he had written in front of the entire congregation. Up until the time he finished the speech, I was never sure he could pull it off. I could see it in his face. He was terrified. One of the members of my church walked up to me afterward, and said that seeing Theron do that brought tears to his eyes. Indeed, sitting in the front row, I was crying also. He's on his way to becoming a man, and I'm so proud of him! Next time we'll be taking pictures of him in the front of the church will be for his wedding! Yikes! And that's no April Fools! Well, this is me not looking my freshest. My hair is flat, etc. etc. I am still getting over the flu here, so I'm not looking my best. My friend Wendy came and was kind enough to take pictures for us. Theron walked up to me and said, "Miss Wendy came!" He was so happy that Miss Wendy would come to see him get confirmed! What a friend. And, FYI - for all of you who read her blog about her rotten rotten kiddos...hello, I heard not a peep from them the entire time. In fact, when my five year old turned around to try to talk to Connor, he shook his finger at Collin and told him to turn around! I saw no chaotic kiddos this morning!!!! Don't let her fool you. She's a good mom.

To close today, here's another real cool picture we took in the mountains.
Pretty cool huh? Amazing.

6 comments:

A.K. said...

congrats Theron!

love the family picture! ya'll look great!

Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

First of all, congratulations on your son's confirmation. I know it's a very special time for your family.

Regarding "being good" at blogging, I don't think you can worry about it. When I started, I quit and then started and then felt inadequate, and then finally decided that I was going to do this for me, and who cares what anybody else thinks. I do know that I've felt more comfortable as time goes by, and I think that I still have my good weeks and bad weeks.

Just give it some time, and remember that it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. If you enjoy doing it, then keep on doing it!

Wendy said...

OKay- you did not tell them HOW I got my kids to sit there. You make it sound like my keeps are sweet as pie! HA!! I am so happy I was able to be there on such an important day for all of you. COngrats again to Theron. I too was proud of him standing up there. You are a great blogger- KEEP IT UP!! I love reading about your little happenin's. LOVE LOVE LOVE the pic of the mountain. OF course the others are okay too.

Megan said...

What a proud moment!

I love the first picture...just awesome!

Liza on Maui said...

Yes, that's a pretty cool photo!

And even more cool is the confirmation of your son! Congratulations!

Thanks for your visit yesterday. I'm glad to have found you and will visit here often :) Three boys! Oh, you've got and exciting life :) :) :)

Liza on Maui said...

Funny, I forgot about your blog title (while commenting) and while I was typing the line "three boys" on my previous comment I thought "she actually has 4, but I'm not sure if I should mention that" :) then when I hit the published button, I saw your blog title :)