Friday, April 13, 2007

Are you Kidding Me?

Well, I haven't posted in a while again, so I wanted to get a quick one out there. I have been down this entire week with a cold. I had that flu bug a few weeks ago, and now I have a cold. What's up with that? I must be getting old. I usually don't get sick.

I woke up at 3:00 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep. For the past few days if not a week, the weather people have been telling us that we would be getting a foot of snow last night. When my kids went to bed last night, they were expecting a winter wonderland when they woke up. When I woke up at 3:00, there was nary a flake on the ground. Yes, I know, weather predictions are only predictions, and they can't help it if the storm takes a different track, etc. etc. etc. However, this is equal to like no visit from Santa Claus in the minds of young children. I mean come on, it's mid-April now. This was probably our last good chance to either be delayed or have no school. Oh, boy, they were ready for it. Even the teachers were ready for it. Theron's teacher was talking about it. Shane's teacher was talking about it. I'm glad I'm not at that school this morning at 9:00 a.m. with grumpy teachers and grumpy children! Even the public works guys all went into work and loaded up their plows with stuff. I mean, come on, they had to leave their families to get their plows ready! I should have been a weather reporter, because there's no other job in the world where you can be so incredibly off the mark and still keep your job! Think of the kids when you do your reporting! Tell us there's a chance the storm is going to take another track for crying out loud! Think of the families! Think of when you were a kid!

The only other morning worse than this was the morning after Daylight Savings, which we all know never turns out well.

I'll post more when I'm feeling better.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

I don't know what the heck happened. Did you hear Frontier and another airline even cancelled this mornings early flights in anticipation of this storm?! How pissed of would you be that your flight was cancelled for not a flake on the ground? They totally blew this one!! They went from 18' to 3"..... not the smartest weathermen on the planet.

A.K. said...

weel better my friend! We got off earlier this year in anticipation of snow... the snow we NEVER got off- just be glad you weren't a school board member that day! maybe next week the boys will get a snow day- i'm just praying for warm weather over here in Virginia- I know i'll get enough next winter when we head to colorado for 6 weeks so i'm ready for warmth right now!
Hang in there- tomorrow's a new day and hopefully it will seem a little happier- my "blue" day was this monday... i know how ya feel

Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

Well, we had a freaky snow last Saturday. It snowed pretty thick most of the day, but it was about 35 degrees, so there was never any accumulation at all. Not on the cars, the houses, or anything!

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling bad. It's so hard for us Moms, isn't it? We kind of have to keep things going, at least half-way. Hope you feel better soon!

A.K. said...

thanks for checking in on me today.. we are hanging in there... knowing all my "blogging buddies" were checking in was very comforting...

Liza on Maui said...

I hope you're feeling better as you read this...

What's up with us waking up at 3:00 AM? :) (I too has been waking up that early!)