Thursday, July 12, 2007

Happy Birthday, Peanut

My sweet baby boy, It was six years ago today that you graced this earth with your entrance. It was Friday the 13th, as it is today. I had sat on our swing in the backyard with a neighbor the day before, and sunburned one of my legs. Every time the nurses or doctors came in to ask how I was doing, they would pat my leg. Finally, I let loose on them. I told a nurse to not touch my leg, and to tell everyone else to leave it alone as well! She promptly went and got medicine and a guaze wrap for it! Having you was a piece of cake. It was the sunburn that hurt! I remember I felt so good afterward, daddy brought me in a Dr. Pepper to my hospital room (and I think popcorn too)!



You were so lucky that when we walked you home (we lived behind the hospital at Wright-Patt), you were not only walked home by your mom and dad, but you were walked home by two brothers who wouldn't stop hugging and kissing you! They don't always do it now, but they love you still! I know, they boss you around sometimes, but that's just how brothers are!


You were so small, we called you peanut. Your big head and little body made you look like a peanut! Now, you're affectionately called Sharktooth.



You were the one who was there with me on that terrible day back in 2001. We sat on the couch together, while you ate, and watched the news. I think you brought me hope and peace that day.

You were my last baby. I treasured every minute with you as you grew, although looking back now, it went too fast. Now you're ready to go off to 1st grade, and I'm wondering who's going to keep me company during the day. I know every day when you come home, you'll give me the "big hug" though.

You're the only one in the family who wants to follow in your father's footsteps and join the AF. I don't know if you'll ever change your mind about being a pilot. I think if you do become a pilot, I will be the proudest mommy in the world, but a very tired one, because I'll never sleep.
You have only brought me love and happiness. You are so happy, you keep me sane sometimes. I can always count on a good laugh when you're around.


Never forget that you're a child of the Father Almighty. He knew you before I did, and loves you with a perfect love that even I can't give you.

You'll always be my "sweet" baby boy.

Mommy

15 comments:

txswordmaker said...

speechless...great post dear.

The Morgan Family said...

Priceless letter to Collin! You're such a loving, caring, and committed mother! Tell C Happy Birthday from his Aunt, Uncle, and Cousins in Texas!

Shana-Lynn said...

Hold on, I need a tissue. Kristen, that is just beautiful! Your boys are so darn handsome too. Happy 6th, Collin.

Shana-Lynn said...

ps hope you don't mind if I add you to my list "Blogs I Enjoy".

Stacy said...

That was so sweet Kristen! Happy
birthday Peanut!!!!

Shana-Lynn said...

pss. Congrats on your award. Okay, I will leave you alone now. ;-)

Janice said...

Ok, Kristen, you got me all teary eyed!! What a beautifully written post! Collin is such a wonderful boy and so loved by his brothers and mom and dad. Happy 6th birthday, Collin!!!!

BTW, congratulations, Rockin' Girl!

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Collin!! Have fun today, and have fun with Grandpa and Grandma while they visit!! Love ya little dude!!

Liza on Maui said...

Happy Birhday Peanut!
Great post mama :)

Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

Just beautiful - the words and the photos.

A.K. said...

great post! i have a little tear right now... good luck on the pilot rout Collin! Hopefully my husband can offer you some tips... i'll be with your momma on not sleeping- except mine starts in a few months of that!

Susie PSU said...

Wow. I didn't even blog about my kids birthdays in May. I am the shitty mom.

Janice said...

Hey, I wanted to ask you how the book "Namesake" is? I was thinking of buying it, then I thought maybe I should just rent the movie (f it's even out).

The Morgan Family said...

I"m still working on my site. But I show so many friends yours....I just LOVE yours! Love you guys and talk to you soon!

Megan said...

Sweet boy! Love the post...made me a little teary eyed!! Happy b-day, Sharktooth!